AV instructions for oral presentations
Please click here to download the PDF version of the AV Instructions for Oral Presentations
In order to match with the most recent conference technology, the meeting room will be equipped with a network-based presentation management system, along with a conference-specific interface which will ensure perfect quality of all presentations. All rooms are equipped with the necessary technical requirements.
To avoid delays caused by switching computers at the platform, booting-up computers and potential compatibility problems, and to ensure smooth transition between speakers and appropriate audiovisual technical support, the Organisers request that speakers do not plan on connecting their personal laptop to the projector or plug in their USP sticks to the pre-installed notebooks in the lecture rooms for security reasons and for the recording of presentations for webcasts. Speakers must go to the Pre-View room beforehand to check in their PowerPoint presentation(s).
- ONLY PowerPoint presentations are accepted .
- Please, bring your presentation on a CD or a USB key.
- If you have video files attached to your power point presentation, please make sure to bring the original video files with you. Do not forget, when saving your final presentation to CD or USB Key, to make sure to include your video files if any and all links to these multimedia files!
Presentations made in localised software environments (e.g. national character sets, fonts, etc.) may be displayed incorrectly under Windows. Please use usual PC fonts for your PowerPoint presentation such as Arial, Times and the Wingdings collection for special characters and other sign or embed the respective font into your presentation.
DEPOSITING OF YOUR FILE
- Your computer file must be handed over to the personnel of the PRE-VIEW ROOM, either with a CD or a USB Key, as far in advance as possible (2 hours before the beginning of your session at the latest). The presentation for an early morning session should be handed over in the evening before.
- In the SLIDE PRE-VIEW ROOM, you will be assisted by a multimedia specialist who will check your presentation with you, upload it on a server, make sure it runs properly, and show you how to launch it from the meeting room computer.
IN THE MEETING ROOM
- You will launch directly your presentation from the lectern. The notebook on the lectern is programmed with 1024X768 pixels and is linked to a projector.
- Once the presentation is launched, you, the speaker, will control the programme by clicking on the mouse or on the keyboard.
Please, do NOT come at the last minute with your own laptop to the meeting room: you will NOT be able to connect it. You must go to the PRE-VIEW ROOM beforehand.
 PowerPoint version used in the meeting room is 2001 for best compatibility reasons