Poster Presentation: Guidelines for Authors
Please click here to download the Author Guidelines as a PDF document
summary of key dates:
June 2012: Authors will be notified of the acceptance or rejection of their abstract.
Mid May-12 November: Pre-registration open. All authors must register for the conference.
14 November: Authors may begin hanging posters at 14:00.
15-17 November: All posters must remain on display during these days.
17 November: Posters should be taken down between 14:00 and 16:00
attending the conference:
- All authors presenting posters must be registered for the conference. Pre-registration begins in mid-May and ends on 12 November. After that date, you will need to register onsite.
- The Union is unable to offer authors funding for registration, travel or accommodation. Authors should identify their own funding sources as soon as possible.
- Union members receive a 100-euro discount on conference registration. Membership fees begin at 20 euros; click here for more information.
- Authors who find they are not able to attend the conference should notify The Union at their earliest possible convenience.
Posters must be laid out in a portrait (vertical) format to fit on the display white boards. The dimensions may not exceed 2.35 m high and 0.95 m wide. There is no room to accommodate landscape (horizontal) posters.
getting your poster to the conference:
- Authors are advised to travel with their posters and not send them prior to their arrival at the conference venue. The Union declines responsibility for any material lost or damaged in transit or onsite.
- It is strongly recommended that authors bring their letter of acceptance containing information on the reference of their abstract, the title of their abstract, the type of session their abstract has been allocated to, the title of their session and the date and time of their presentation.
hanging your poster:
- Posters may be hung starting at 14:00 on Wednesday, 14 November 2012.
- The poster boards are arranged by topic. Detailed information on the assigned poster board for each author will be available at the Poster Desk located in the Poster Area.
- Double-faced tape will be provided at the Poster Desk.
- Please note: Authors are responsible for their posters and should not leave them unattended in the Poster Area before they are hung. The Union declines responsibility for any material lost or damaged onsite.
presenting your poster:
- Be sure to make a note of the date and time of your poster presentation. These details are provided in your confirmation letter.
- The presenting author should be onsite at the poster during this time period. The coordinator of each poster session will visit and debate the posters with the other authors and participants. This is an on-the-spot discussion; no facilities for overheads, slides, etc. are available.
- Authors are requested to post their abstracts on the boards for three days, from 15 to 17 November 2012. This will give participants the opportunity to visit the posters outside official session times.
removing your poster:
All posters should be removed between 14:00 and 16:00 on 17 November 2012.
Thank you for presenting your research at the 43rd Union World Conference on Lung Health. Your contribution to the scientific programme is very important, and we hope your experience will be both positive and stimulating.
if you have any questions: