Many groups wish to take advantage of the fact that members of the international TB, HIV, tobacco control and lung health communities will be attending at the 43rd Union World Conference on Lung Health by scheduling side- meetings. The Union is willing to accommodate side-meetings in the venues booked for the conference with the following provisos:
- Side-meetings must be approved by the Conference Secretariat and must not shift the focus of the delegates' attention from the core programme of the conference in terms of their schedule and content.
- The minimum of 15 attendees must be expected for a side-meeting to be scheduled in the conference venue.
- Very few side-meetings will be approved for Wednesday, 14 November 2012, from 08:00 to 17:00.
- No side meetings will be approved during the conference plenary sessions on Thursday through to Saturday, 15-17 November 2012 from 11:30-12:30.
For your information, an overview of the conference schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, 13 November 2012: Stop TB Symposium
- Wednesday, 14 November 2012: Post-graduate courses and workshops
From Thursday, 15 November through to Saturday, 17 November 2012: Symposia, plenary sessions, sessions based on abstracts, scientific section, region and business meetings.